I’m sure a lot of you can relate to feeling a little less than stellar after months in quarantine. I know for me, drinking everyday at 3:30pm did not do my body good. Not only did I not physically feel well but mentally too. The lack of exercise can def do this to you. I decided to make a couple changes going forward to start feeling like myself again. Instead of instantly having a large breakfast when I wake up, I now drink a green juice or one of these spirulina smoothies by Melissa Wood Health. I was hesitant to try this smoothie for a long time looking at ingredients and am SHOCKED at how good it tastes. I’ve been feeling so much better.
- wake up and have warm water and lemon
- 1 cup of coffee with creamer
- Either a green juice or smoothie (if juice only, I typically will have a small breakfast too like avocado toast on Ezekiel bread)
- Drinking alcohol on the weekend.
- Exercise 5x a week (MWH mainly)
Ingredients (All Organic)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup mixed berries (I love it with raspberries and blueberries)
- 1/2 pitted date (to cut the taste of the spirulina)
- 1/2 peeled cucumber (peel tastes bitter blended in a smoothie)
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup romaine (optional)
- 1/2 squeeze lemon
- Tbsp organic spirulina powder
Mix all ingredients in blender (I use one similar).