Some mornings, I get really creative on breakfast. It’s my favorite time (and meal) of the day and I won’t lie… my energy is usually pretty high in the morning. On the other hand, if I’m running out of time or not feeling the creative juices… I’ll pop in a Mickey Mouse waffle… which Vivienne would never deny. I thought I’d get some inspiration from you, my followers, on what you typically make for breakfast to help you (and me) have options. Planning to do this for both lunch, dinner, and snacks as well! Stay tuned.
- Avocado Toast (avocado, toast, eggs, tomato)
- Egg Quiche
- Banana Pancakes (1 egg, 1 banana… blended with cinnamon)
- Overnight Oats (my recipe, but you could really add whatever you wanted) I typically do this when I know I have a busy morning.
- Porridge Fingers (Recipe for options)
- Toast with nut butter and berries (raspberries or strawberries to make PB&J)
- Turkey or Tofu scramble (veggies, eggs, cheese, and tofu or turkey)
- Oatmeal Zucchini Muffins (honestly, just google oatmeal muffins and you’ll get so many options for muffins. If you are feeding a child under 1, make sure you do not include honey in your ingredients).
- Waffles with peanut butter and fruit
- Sweet potato pancakes (pureed sweet potatoes, egg, cinnamon)
- Hard boiled eggs, veggie, yogurt
- Cottage Cheese
- Yogurt (I use Siggis plain or greek yogurt with whole milk… you can add a natural sweetener such as fruit or nut butter)
- Baked Egg Cups
- Baked Oatmeal
- Spinach Cakes with Peanut Butter
- Green Juices
- Chia seed pudding
- French Toast (toast, egg, cinnamon, with PB, berries or banana on top)
- Breakfast Quesadilla
- Veggie Frittata
- Hummus, Toast, and Egg whites
- Sweet Potato and Brussel sprout hash with scrambled eggs and Avocado
- Oatmeal with Coconut milk and banana, with flax, hemp, and chia seeds
- Baked Oatmeal Bars
I hope these options gave you as much inspiration as it did for me. So many of these I didn’t even think of and I am so excited to start finding new recipes for mornings and sharing them with you!