Thank you to Pampers for sponsoring this post.
As a busy mom of two, I am constantly on the go. From play dates, bringing the girls to their activities, and running errands as a family; I only have one major priority before leaving the house: make sure my diaper bag is fully stocked with baby and toddler essentials. Have you ever gone out in public with your kids and have had a blow out with no extra onesie in sight? Yup. Ever go to the park and feel like the worst mom for not only forgetting to put sunscreen on your child but forgetting the sunscreen altogether? We’ve all been there. Having these moments, myself, I tend to organize the bag often to make sure I’m not on my last Pampers Aqua Pure Wipe and have extra snacks ready for Vivienne.
I often get asked by followers to do a post on, “what’s in my diaper bag” since now being a mom of two. Has it changed? Does the same diaper bag work? So, below I put together a list of items that I tend to always have with me while we’re out and about with the girls.
- Wallet: There’s no way I’d bring out a diaper bag and a purse. It’s an all in one situation so anything I need for myself is in this bag too.
- Wet Dry Bag: What a game changer this bag is. Not only does it fold up very small and compact, but it is one of the most beneficial things that I carry with me. It’s perfect for when you have dirty diaper and no garbage in sight.
- An extra onesie for Alice and outfit for Vivienne: Spit up… food stains… I prepare for these situations and pack extra clothes for the girls (nothing heavy).
- Sunscreen: for days we play outside.
- Teething toy for Alice: to keep her entertained.
- Crayons or small book for Vivienne: to keep her entertained while at a restaurant or in the car.
- Pampers Pure Collection: five diapers for Vivienne, five diapers for Alice, and a full-size Pampers Aqua Pure Wipes. There is nothing quite like going out in public with a diaper and wipe that you love and trust, knowing that your kids will be protected and comfortable. I’ve been using this brand for almost a year now and I can honestly say it’s been the best decision for my girls.
- Changing Pad: My diaper bag came with this option, but if yours does not… I’d highly recommend purchasing an on-the-go changing pad. It allows you to do diaper changes anywhere you go!
- Hand Sanitizer: for mom and toddler.
- Chap stick: Am I the only one that needs chap stick with me at all times?
- Hair ties/clips: Vivienne will always go out in a cute hair style and immediately pull it out, so I bring extra in case I can convince her to allow me to do it again.
- Extra pacifier: So helpful to get Alice napping while we are out and about, if I lose one… I’ll have an extra one packed.
- Nursing cover: I don’t mind breastfeeding in public, so I’ll bring a cover to feed Alice when needed.
- Protein Bar: So mom doesn’t get hangry.
- Simple snack for Vivienne: So V doesn’t get hangry (or help distract in a shopping cart).
Alright, I hope you enjoyed reviewing my go-to list of items in my diaper bag. I’d love to hear if I missed any priority items from other on-the-go mamas.
Photos by aMaes Photography