Packing for the Hospital: Mama Edition
This past Sunday, I took all day (and a back ache later) to wash 0-3 month onesies, catch up on the blog, and most importantly… pack a bag for the hospital! I definitely have been taking my sweet time getting everything together, and of course it took JJ two minutes to pack his, but now I’m officially done and ready to meet this little girl! Since I want to be prepared for everything, and am an over packer by nature, I’ve more than likely packed too much. I know people will probably comment that I don’t need this or not to bring that, and as much as I appreciate another mama’s input… I’d rather be over prepared than wish I would have brought something.
With these posts I have two editions, mama and baby! Today, I am sharing what I plan to bring for myself. Sharing baby edition later this week.
1. Comfortable Socks- We were told the hospital floors get cold
3. Fridet the MommyWasher– as part of the bundle that they had sent over, the Fridet is a helpful and easier way to cleaning yourself after giving birth. Bitty Bundle of Joy now available at Target!
4. Slippers- I bought some new and seriously cozy slippers from Target the other week. I’m excited to break them in.
5. Glasses- As a contact wearer, I’m sure I’ll be opting for glasses during our hospital stay.
6. Phone Charger- Necessity.
7. Comfortable underwear- Soft, Comfortable, and Pad friendly.
8. Pads- you know why.
- Small samples of Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash
- Osmia Nectar oil drops + Kypris Antioxidant Dew= the best moisturizer
- Osmia Body oil – can be used even on new babies!
- Tata Harper Refreshing Cleanser
- Tata Harper Serum and Toner samples
- Babyganics face wipes, lip balm, and hand sanitizer
- Hair ties
- Dry shampoo
- Contact Solution/Contact case
- Ingrid and Isabel cami and lounge nursing set
- Black robe (not pictured)
- Ipod with new playlist and G boom
- Massage balls
- NAMOMSTE water bottle- because its the BEST!
Other items/not pictured:
- Going home outfit- something loose fitting and comfortable. I’ll more than likely bring two options. A casual long sleeve dress and leggings with a tee.
- Bath Towels- I’ve heard the hospital towels are tiny
Wish us luck! 🙂