A Fun Twist to a Hot Dog + Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary
Thursday morning I painfully went through my refrigerator to throw away molding dairy and produce and expired groceries. I can not stand when I have to purchase a large amount of cilantro (example) for a small measurement in a recipe and how fast it goes bad… Such a waste! It gave me the idea to use what we have to make tonight’s dinner. I found a recipe that only needed JJ to pick up two large hot dog buns from the store. We had hot dogs in the fridge that normally would be items to cook up on a lazy Saturday or Sunday but I wanted to try something new. I found a Bruschetta Hot Dog recipe (how convenient since I made Bruschetta last night) and a side dish of Roasted Rosemary Potatoes. Again, I did not follow measurement guidelines on the recipes, I just saw what was needed and winged it 🙂 I also heated the bruschetta mixture in a pan before serving, but you can have it cold as well. Hope you enjoy! Another quick and easy meal to make during the week.
|The finished product.|
|Of course a picture of our Lucy. She enjoyed skyping with some Dollhouse ladies|
Toss 2 diced tomatoes with 1 chopped garlic clove, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, some torn basil and salt. Serve grilled hot dogs on toasted Italian buns; top with the tomato mixture and drizzle with olive oil.
|Add onion to your chopped tomatoes|
|Add the torn fresh basil leaves|
|Add the Balsamic|
|Cook your hot dogs and toast your buns on the grill|
|Mix ingredients altogether, heat up if desired and serve mixture on bun|
Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary:
- Crisco® No-Stick Olive Oil Spray
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil or Crisco® Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut in half or fourths (red skin, Yukon Gold, fingerling)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat 15×10-inch baking sheet with no-stick spray.
- Stir together oil, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper in large bowl. Add potatoes. Toss well until coated. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally until potatoes are fork-tender and golden brown.
|Add ingredients to large bowl, add potatoes and|
|Finished, crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. perfecto.|